The Higher Education Sprout Project of Wufeng University includes 4 main projects, 12 sub-projects, and corresponding action plans. The executive summary and highlights are as follows.
The retention rates of Wufeng University from 2018 to 2021 are 85.01%, 89.19%, 88.68% and 89.67%.
Implement teaching innovation and improve teaching quality:
(1) According to the employment flow survey of the university base library, the employment rate of the fresh graduates in the year from 2017 to 2021 was 80.48%, 79.55%, 84.68%, 87.8% and 87.47% respectively; the degree of compliance with the professional field of employment were 71.32%, 75.60%, 77.66%, 87.31% and 84%.
(2) The percentage of teachers who completed self-made supplementary teaching materials to the number of full-time teachers in the university from 2018 to 2021 were 88%, 94%, 97% and 98% respectively, all representing a significant increase from 28% in 2016.
(3) The implementation of the "Teacher Incentive Measures" rewards 261 cases (NT$2.507 million) in 2018, 277 cases (NT$ 2.598 million) in 2019, 177 cases (NT$ 1.599 million) in 2020 and 147 cases (NT$ 1.17 million) in 2021 for teacher and student creation, teacher practice topics, teacher certification, and excellent teaching teachers. The number of applications decreased slightly due to the epidemic situation in 2020-2021.
(4) Students participated in domestic and foreign competitions, 278 entries and 260 awards in the 106 academic year, 402 entries and 323 awards in 107 academic year, 266 entries and 231 awards in 108 academic year and 226 entries and 211 rewards in 109 academic year. Although the competition opportunities have been reduced due to the impact of the epidemic, the award rate of 90.1% has increased from 80.3% in the 107 academic year.
In development of university characteristics:
(1) In 2021, the university has 77 types of qualified skills verification examination rooms and professional ability certification classrooms.
(2) From 2013 to 2021, students of Wufeng University win the "Light of Technical and Vocational" Certificate of Excellence Award from the Ministry of Education. Wufeng University has win the "Light of Technical Profession" Certificate of Excellence Award for Technical Profession for 9 consecutive years, and this continuous record is the first in Taiwan.
Enhancing the publicity of higher education:
(1) Assisting and tutoring disadvantaged students in Wufeng University, this plan helps 395 students in 2017, 495 students in 2018, 1033 students in 2019, 1065 students in 2020 and 1004 students in 2021. The rate of getting counselling increased from 30% in 2018 to 68% in 2021.
(2) The school established the "Indigenous Students Resource Center" in 2018 to provide Indigenous students with life, learning and career counseling. The dropout rate of Indigenous students from 16% (107 academic year) to 9% (108 academic year). In the first semester of the 110 academic year, only 2 indigenous students have been suspended from university (2.7%).
Fulfilling university social responsibilities:
(1) Win the 4th and 5th "Service Altruism Award" model university in 2018 and 2019.
(2) In 2021, assisted 3 local manufacturers to apply for SBIR funding from the Ministry of Economic Affairs and 1 local manufacturer to apply for the SBIR R&D program of Chiayi County.
(3) In 2021, Wufeng University create a pro-industry-academic environment, complete 58 manufacturers’ demand visits and surveys, 22 manufacturers’ short-term technical consultations, and sign 73 industry-academic cooperation plans.
(4) Wufeng University implements 9 USR relating projects: 2 university featured projects, 4 USR-Hub projects, 3 USR lone-stay projects. The scope of service covers the Chiayi area, including Peiyuanli, Linsenli, Danzhuli, and Beimenli in Chiayi City; Xikou Township, Shuixiang Township, Zhuqi Township, Minxiong Township, Liujiao Township and Xingang Township in Chiayi County.